Rhumbline Restaurant will close permanently on Friday, October 9th.
The business, liquor license, equipment and real estate is currently listed at $995,000 and has been on the market for several months.
While there are rumors among locals that the property has been purchased by a prominent local business owner, that has yet to become public information or confirmed by What’sUpNewp.
Ian McIntyre has worked at the 135 seat restaurant since 1995 before becoming Chef-owner several years later.
What’sUpNewp has reached out to Rhumbline for comment, at time of publishing there has not yet been a response.
Musician Lois Vaughan, who has performed at the Rhumbline for many years, shared the following message on her Facebook Page encouraging all to patronize the restaurant over the last few weeks;
“There are just a handful of nights of weekend jazz left at The Rhumbline! Lois Vaughan will performing tonight from 6:30-10pm. Come by to wish the owners well & thank them for their continued support of live local music!”
This story will be updated as more information is received.
Rhumbline offers a Prix Fixe Menu every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday that includes 3 courses (soup, salad and choice of two entrees) plus a glass of wine for $22 per person.
Lois Vaughan performs live jazz music every Friday and Saturday from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Rhumbline is open for dinner at 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday and for brunch on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Rhumbline | 62 Bridge Street Newport, RI 02840 | (401) 849-3999
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education