Pulse Fitness has announced that the company is opening EnERGy Rowing Studio, an indoor rowing studio, on September 1 at 580 Thames Street.
Recently making headlines in the fitness world, indoor rowing studios are popping up nationwide. Made popular in major cities across the U.S., including New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, enERGy Rowing Studio will be the first of its kind in Rhode Island.
“My mission opening PULSE was to have a finger on the “pulse” of the latest trends and bring them to my home town of Newport, RI. Fitness is only fun if you keep it fresh, so every few years I try to bring a new element from the fitness world into Newport, and both this workout, AND this style of studio will be just what our community needs to keep getting fitter fast,” said Jacki Lane, Founder Pulse Fitness.
Like many group fitness classes, indoor rowing has quickly developed a following of dedicated loyalists, and as spinning is to road bikes, most indoor rowing enthusiasts will never row on the water. Even the most inexperienced rower will quickly see that the results are impressive and the workouts are unmatched. Using all aspects of the body, from core strength to legs, arms and chest, rowing is high-intensity – challenging with both cardio and strength endurance. New participants at enERGy can expect a variety of interval-based workouts integrating fat-blasting cardio with strength-based moves like planks, push-ups, squats and burpees.
The anticipated new studio will open its doors on September 1, 2015 and will kick off with a week-long open house and an assortment of free classes. Offering a boutique feel with a city-funk vibe, enERGy is something Newport has never seen.
The new space houses nine indoor rowing machine stations (officially named rowing ergometers; more commonly known as “ergs”) plus one spin bike (for anyone requiring an alternative), and between the dimmed lights, dark orange glow and the thumping music, the best feature is the inspiring enERGy coming from founder, Jacki Lane.
For participants who are new to fitness and are looking to get in shape, to conditioned athletes seeking a new challenge, indoor rowing is making headlines for a reason.
With a host of motivating instructors and a variety of membership and class options, be sure to check out enERGy as soon as the doors open on September 1, 2015.
Membership: $99/month unlimited to certain timeslots ~~
*Free learn to row class for all who join
- Class punch cards from $13/class
- $260 for 20
- $210 for 15
- $150 for 10
Special thru 8/31 – 10 for $125 | *Non expiring
Visit pulsenewport.com for open house and class information.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13