Egg & Dart has announced that as of August 31st they would no longer be operating under that name at 57 America’s Cup Avenue.
Painter Chris Wyllie and designer Kristen Coates have collaborated to bring Egg & Dart, an eclectic collection of art and home décor, to Bowen’s Wharf on America’s Cup Avenue for the last few years.
Egg & Dart’s End Of Summer Sale this weekend, which ends on August 31st, currently offering customers
- 50% off samples and gently worn store copies, tons of books, soaps and decor
- 30% Off linens
- 20% Off special order linens.
- 10% Off all paper and cleaning products
- Sale includes new inventory. Sale excludes all art and handmade items.
Tomorrow will be our last day open as Egg & Dart. Keep up with Chris Wyllie and his new studio in LA @sixtybananas and Kristen Coates @kristencoates as she opens her new gallery @shopprettyyoungthings which opens Tuesday at 10am at 57 America’s Cup Ave in Newport, RI. So much love to all of our brilliant friends and supporters for making Egg & Dart the special shop that it has been these last two summers. We look forward to sharing our new projects with you!
A photo posted by EGG & DART (@shopegganddart) on
Kristen Coates will reopen the location as Pretty Young Things. According to the web-site;
“Kristen Coates realized Pretty Young Things after years of toiling in the art world from assistant to the co-Chair of the Whitney Museum of America Art to curator of several collectors and even a gallery of her own in her hometown, Newport, Rhode Island. Her unique ability to perfectly pair art to collector has put her in the room with some of America’s elite art enthusiasts.
Pretty Young Things is a full service art agency offering brand management, curating, sourcing, hanging and overall art-love-well-being.
Celebrate the new. Visit our shop in Newport, Rhode Island for a truly inspirational experience or join our mailing list to be the first to know about events in your neck of the woods.”
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million