RI Resource Recovery Corporation recently announced that the City of Newport’s fiscal-year-based recycling rate has increased from 23% to 29% resulting in Newport’s first ever municipal “tip fee” rebate. Newport’s tip fee for fiscal year 2015 was reduced from $32 to $31 per ton, a savings of $6,544.33.
In a press release Sharon Penny from City Of Newport Department of Public Services shared “Recycling efforts not only protect the environment but also save taxpayers’ dollars. Keep up the good work Newport!”
As of November 3, 2014, all recyclables must be placed inside BLUE city-issued recycling carts, following the Recycle Together RI program, in order to be collected curbside. All recyclables must be placed loose in your cart. Plastic bags are prohibited in your recycling cart and can cause damage to the recycling equipment.
- Photo courtesy of City Of Newport Facebook Page
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record