Newport City Council will host its next Regular City Council Meeting on Wednesday, October 12 at 6:30 pm.
The meeting will be held in the City Council Chamber at Newport City Hall.
Here’s a look at what’s on the agenda;
The agenda with supporting attachments will soon be available here.
CITY OF NEWPORT
DOCKET FOR THE REGULAR CITY COUNCIL
OCTOBER 12, 2022
The following items of business, filed with the City Clerk under the Rules of the Council, will come before the Council at a meeting to be held on October 12, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 43 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
Citizens’ Forum: (Speakers must sign in with the City Clerk) The Citizens’ Forum period shall be no longer than fifteen minutes, and citizens may address the Council on one subject only and for no longer than three minutes. Issues to be discussed shall not include matters to be considered or discussed as part of the regular Council agenda and must be related to substantive city business. No comments regarding personnel or job performance are allowed.
1. CONSENT CALENDAR (THE CONSENT CALENDAR IS APPROVED IN ITS ENTIRETY UNLESS THE COUNCIL REMOVES AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION. ALL LICENSES ARE GRANTED SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH ORDINANCES (#31-80 AND #98-40).
a. Minutes of the meeting held September 14, 2022 and September 28, 2022 (Approve)
b. Special Events:
1. The Island Moving Co., d/b/a Points of Departure/Dance Performance, Newport Congregational Church, 73 Pelham St.; October 13-15, 2022 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
2. Newport Public Education Foundation, Inc., d/b/a An Evening for Education, Young Building, Salve Regina University; October 20, 2022 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
3. Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 406, d/b/a VFW Speaker Series- Oct’22, Newport Elks Lodge; October 20, 2022 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:.00 p.m.
4. Preservation Society of Newport County, d/b/a Thanksgiving Weekend Afternoon Tea @ Chinese Tea House, Marble House; November 25, 26 & 27, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
5. Newport Elks Lodge, d/b/a Craft Fair, 141 Pelham St.; December 11, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
6. Preservation Society of Newport County, d/b/a Holiday Afternoon Tea @ Chinese Tea House, Marble House; 12/16, 12/17, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30 & 12/31, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
7. Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 406, d/b/a VFW Speaker Series- Jan ’23, Newport Elks Lodge; January 19, 2023 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
8. Elks Lodge, d/b/a Flea Market, 141 Pelham St.; January 21 & 22, 2023 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
c. Communication from The Newport Yacht Club, re: Request to extend and amend the agreement with the City of Newport for a longer term (Receive and refer to city administration for a recommendation)
d. Communication from P arker Sizeland, re: Resignation from the Beach Commission (Receive with regret)
LICENSES AND PERMITS
2. Victualing License, New, The Quencher Newport, LLC, d/b/a The Quencher, LLC, 95 Long Wharf (In conjunction with liquor license transfer)
3. Farmers Market License, Aquidneck Community Table, d/b/a Aquidneck Grower’s Market, 151 Swinburne Row, Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. beginning November 5, 2022 through April 29, 2023
4. Walnut Street and Chestnut Street Rights of Way- A. McCalla, L. Ceglie
5. Affirmative Action Plan update- J. Bova, A. McCalla
ADJOURN AS COUNCIL AND CONVENE AS BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
1. Class F-1 Daily Liquor License, Seamen’s Church Institute, d/b/a Landing Seafood Fest, 30 Bowen’s Wharf; October 15 & 16, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
LICENSES AND PERMITS
2. Application of AMAR7377, LLC, d/b/a Bliss Road Beer, Wine & Spirits, 25 Bliss Rd., holder of Class A alcoholic beverage license to transfer ownership to S&S Fine Wine and Spirits, LLC (Steven Brownell-95% and Simone Ferrara-5%), d/b/a Bliss Road Fine Wine and Spirits, at the same premises (Hearing)
3. Application of Celtica, LLC, d/b/a Celtica Public House, 95 Long Wharf, holder of a Class BV alcoholic beverage license to transfer ownership to The Quencher Newport, LLC (Scott Kirmil-40%, Adrienne Kirmil-40%, Joseph Piotti-20%), d/b/a The Quencher, LLC, at the same premises (Hearing)
Laura C. Swistak
Adjourn- October 5, 2022