Newport City Council returns to the Council Chambers at Newport City Hall on Wednesday, September 14 for their next Regular Meeting.
Here’s a look at the docket;
CITY OF NEWPORT
DOCKET FOR A REGULAR MEETING
SEPTEMBER 14, 2022
The following items of business, filed with the City Clerk under the Rules of the Council, will come before the Council at a meeting to be held on September 14, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 43 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
~Certificate of Recognition for Neyda DeJesus~
Citizens’ Forum: (Speakers must sign in with the City Clerk) The Citizens’ Forum period shall be no longer than fifteen minutes, and citizens may address the Council on one subject only and for no longer than three minutes. Issues to be discussed shall not include matters to be considered or discussed as part of the regular Council agenda and must be related to substantive city business. No comments regarding personnel or job performance are allowed.
- PUBLIC HEARING- Action Item #6098/22, re: FY 2023 Budget Amendment (w/accompanying ordinance)
- CONSENT CALENDAR (THE CONSENT CALENDAR IS APPROVED IN ITS ENTIRETY UNLESS THE COUNCIL REMOVES AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION. ALL LICENSES ARE GRANTED SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH ORDINANCES (#31-80 AND #98-40).
a. Special Events:
1. Rhode Island Center for the Book, d/b/a Reading Across Rhode Island-Celebrating 20 years, Ochre Court; September 22, 2022 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
2. Food Truck Festivals of America, LLC, d/b/a Newport Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival, Fort Adams State Park; October 15, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
b. Holiday Selling License, New, Goat Lessee, LLC, t/b/d, 1 Goat Island
c. Holiday Selling License, Renewal, Georgia Pine Clothiers, LLC, d/b/a J. McLaughlin, 180 Bellevue Ave.
d. Private Detective License, Renewal, David Bruce, d/b/a TBK Investigations, 2 Carey St.
e. Banner Permit, Salve Regina University-to hang a banner between the Red Parrot and Midtown Oyster Bar advertising Alumni Weekend from September 23, 2022 through September 25, 2022
f. Communication from C.R.M.C., re: Application of William Ruh Trust for a State of Rhode Island Assent to construct and maintain a new residential boating facility consisting of 4’ x 112.5’ fixed pier and 4’ x 20’ Terminal L section. Also install a 1200# boat lift for property located at 88 Washington St., Plat 12 Lot 46/Narragansett Bay (Receive and refer to the Planning Board and the Waterfront Commission for a recommendation)
g. Communication from C.R.M.C., re: Application of Equity Investment Group, LLC for a State of Rhode Island Assent to construct and maintain: a 4’x 159’ fixed timber pier residential boating facility for property located at 32 Bayside Avenue Plat 9 Lot 299/Narragansett Bay East Passage) (Receive and refer to the Planning Board and the Waterfront Commission for a recommendation)
LICENSES AND PERMITS
3. Victualing License, New Owner, Goat Lessee, LLC, d/b/a Newport Harbor Island Resort, 1 Goat Island (In conjunction with liquor license transfer)
4. Sidewalk Café License, New, Bull Shot, LLC, d/b/a Cabana, 140 Broadway for a sidewalk café consisting of four tables and ten seats (In conjunction with liquor license expansion)
5. Entertainment License, New, Class A and B, Bull Shot, LLC, d/b/a Cabana, 140 Broadway to have entertainment Monday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Friday, Saturday and Sundays preceding a Monday holiday from 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. (Hearing)
6. Entertainment License, New, Class A and B, Goat Lessee, LLC, d/b/a Newport Harbor Island Resort, 1 Goat Island to have entertainment from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday preceding a Monday holiday and 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday- outdoor entertainment permitted on the South Lawn and outdoor café/pool area f/k/a Pineapples (Hearing)
Existing Conditions for South Lawn:
- The Entertainment will be arranged so that the music will be directed to the west, away from properties to the south and east. All entertainment shall take place under a tent with siding on the south and east sides;
- No members of the general public will be permitted access to concerts on the site;
- All outdoor entertainment on the South Lawn will end at 10:00 p.m.
- Gurneys will provide contact information to the Goat Island Condominium Association and;
- Gurneys shall prohibit parking on the streets.
7. APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
8. School Regionalization/Academic Advisory Committee- L. Ceglie, J. Napolitano, E. Fuerte
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
9. Action Item #6099/22 – RE: Award of Contract – IT Support Services (w/accompanying resolution)
10. Action Item #6100/22 – RE: Award of Contract-RIMPA-Gateway Electric Service Separation (w/accompanying resolution)
11. Action Item #6101/22 – RE: Award of Bid # 23-008 – Pavement Marking Program 2022 (w/accompanying resolution)
ADJOURN AS COUNCIL AND CONVENE AS BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
1. Class F-1 Daily Liquor License, Food Truck Festivals of America, LLC, d/b/a Newport Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival, Fort Adams State Park; October 15, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
LICENSES AND PERMITS
2. Application of Bull Shot, LLC, d/b/a Cabana, 140 Broadway, holder of a Class C alcoholic beverage license, to expand the licensed premises by adding a 250 sq. foot sidewalk café consisting of four table and ten seats (Hearing)
3. Application of NPG Hospitality, LLC, d/b/a Newport Harbor Island Resort, 1 Goat Island, holder of Class BT alcoholic beverage license to transfer owner to Goat Lessee, LLC (Raymond D. Martz-100%), at the same premises (Hearing)
Laura C. Swistak
Adjourn- September 7, 202