Lawrence J. Liddane, 87, of Middletown, Rhode Island, passed away in Newport Hospital on September 7, 2021. He was the husband of the late Ann M. (Ragone) Liddane for 49 years.
Lawrence was born in Albany, NY, to the late William and Mary (O’Keefe) Liddane.
Lawrence honorably served in the U.S. Navy during both the Korean and Vietnam Wars. He was a culinary expert in the Navy. He also worked for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center as a security contractor. Reminiscing about his memories from military service in the U.S. Navy was one of his favorite pastimes in later years.
Lawrence was a beloved die-hard fan of the New York Yankees and New York Giants. His hobbies included reading and golfing. In his free time, he enjoyed going to the beach, taking rides around Ocean Drive, and being in the company of the people he cared for.
Lawrence was loved by all for his friendly attitude. All who came in contact with him always loved their conversations. He will be missed by so many.
Lawrence is survived by his daughters, Kelly M. Murphy and husband Chuck of Westport, MA, Joyce A. Tompkins and husband Benjamin of NH, and Tina L. Lewis and fiancé Jason Monroe of Middletown. He additionally leaves seven grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.
Lawrence was predeceased by his wife, Ann M. Liddane, his son, William A. Liddane, and his brother, William Liddane.
Graveside funeral services with Military Honors will be held on Monday, September 13, 2021, at 11:00 AM in the Rhode Island Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Exeter. Those who wish to join in the procession to the cemetery must arrive at Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport, by 10:20 AM to line up on Fowler Avenue.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters