What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
Richard A. Peckham, 88, of Portsmouth, RI, passed away on June 9, 2021.
Richard was born in Fall River, MA to the late Richard and Marjorie (Hall) Peckham of Portsmouth. Richard was the husband to the late Lieselotte Peckham.
Richard was a carpenter for local contractors. He also built houses to rent for himself. He was a lover of all things wood. Furniture and driftwood was his passion. He also liked walking the beaches and picking up special rocks.
Richard is survived by his brother The Rev. Ashley Peckham of Portsmouth.
Visitation will be held Sunday, June 13, 2-4 PM at Connors Funeral Home 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
His funeral will be held on Monday, June 14 at 10 AM in St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 2679 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
Burial will follow in St. Paul’s Churchyard.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Rhode Island Music Education Association: 20th Annual Rhode Island Honors Recital on June 27
- Obituary: Claire E. (Randall) Curtis
- Obituary: Marianne F. (Fitzgerald) Marley
- Forum Lodge awards scholarships to two Aquidneck Island high school graduates
- Robert Berry, rock musician and former member of Keith Emerson’s “3” joins What’s Up Newp for a live virtual conversation on Monday
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday