Edith Lynnette Albert, nee Bolton passed away peacefully in her sleep June 23rd in a local hospital. Born August 22, 1932 in New London, CT to Harold Bolton, Sr. and Marion Burdick, Edith was the eldest of four children. She married Joseph John Albert on April 24, 1954, becoming step-mother to three children. Their union was subsequently blessed with four more children.
Edith was pre-deceased by her parents, husband, and son Raymond (Jennifer) Albert. She is survived by children James Albert, Mary (Bill) Ferris, Donald (Ruth) Albert, John (Nancy) Albert, Joseph (Laura) Albert Jr., Richard (Jennifer) Albert, and many grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at the North Stonington Bible Church, 100 Jeremy Hill Road, North Stonington, CT on June 28th at 4PM.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters