Scott Sawyer, 58, of Johnston, Rhode Island, passed away on May 9, 2021 at Roger Williams Medical Center in Providence.
Scott was born July 6, 1962, in Lewiston, ME to the late Fred Sawyer Jr. and Jaqueline (Blais) Speicher.
Scott is survived by his mother, Jacqueline Speicher, and his siblings; Fred Sawyer of Portsmouth, Kevin Speicher of Cranston, Laurie Bailey of Cranston, and Vickie Sawyer of Texas. He is also survived by his loving longtime companion Louise Lussier.
Calling Hours will be held on Sunday, May 16, 2021 from 11 am-2:00 pm in Connors Funeral Home 55 West Main Road in Portsmouth, RI.
More from What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up Newp Legislative Survey: Rep. Lauren Carson
- Jay Leno surprises Bit Players audience with a 30-minute set of stand-up comedy
- Gerry Goldstein: Holiday sweets, baked strictly by the numbers
- Buy Local “Six Picks” – Local Art and Gift shops
- Opinion: Bishop’s 4th Street Diner and the North End Urban Plan
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met