On March 9, 1774, a tornado or waterspout moved ashore in Nantucket Harbor and destroyed a lighthouse along with several barns and shops.
The US National Weather Service Boston has shared the following recount.
The Latest From WUN
- Kerri Powers and Stefan Couture playing Blackstone River Theatre October 30th
- “Creatures of Imagination” exhibition opens Oct. 21 at Salve Regina’s Hamilton Gallery
- What Sold: 24 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 11 – 15)
- What’s Up Newp videocast explores Rhode Island Housing Crisis
- Obituary: Paulette Henshaw