Governor Dan McKee and the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) announced today that additional COVID-19 vaccination appointments will be posted on www.vaccinateRI.org today at 5 p.m.
Approximately 1,000 slots will be made available for the State-run clinic in South County (132 Fairgrounds Road, West Kingston). These appointments will be for slots on Monday.
Vaccine is currently available statewide for people who are 60 to 64, people who are 16 to 64 with certain underlying health conditions, and people who were previously eligible in Phase 1. More information about eligibility is available online.
- AARP Analysis: COVID-19 deaths and cases in Rhode Island nursing homes increased from August to September
- Governor McKee, RI Department of Health outline plans for COVID-19 vaccination for 5 to 11-year-olds
- RIDOH: Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine boosters available for 65+, high-risk individuals at least six months after second vaccination
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Synagogues take COVID precautions as Jewish High Holy Days begin Monday night
- What does full FDA approval of a vaccine do if it’s already authorized for emergency use?
The Latest From WUN
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’