This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Mr. Joseph Pires, age 59, of Tiverton, Rhode Island, passed away on February 10, 2021.
Joseph was born in Boston, MA to John Pires and Mildred Close.
Joey was well known to the community and loved by everyone who knew him. He had a beautiful smile, which everyone loved. He went to the Maher Center for years. He worked at the Galley on the Naval Base. He loved playing Bingo with his mother. He loved Wrestling, he also loved and was a big fan of Elvis Presley. Joey lived a very good life on Aquidneck Island and lived in Tiverton for 14 years. He will be missed and love by everyone.
Joseph is survived by his siblings, Barbara Owens, Mildred (Peggy) Kelley, Ronald Jaynes, Shirley Florendo, Diane Polley, Alice Berry, Richard Pires, John Pires andRobert Pires.
He was preceded in death by his parents, John and Mildred Pires.
Calling hours will be held on Wednesday, February 24, 2021, from 11:00am to 1:00pm at Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport.
Services for Mr. Joseph Pires will be private due to COVID restrictions. To view livestream of his Service please follow this link http://link.memorial/JosephPires
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now