What’s Up In Newport County Today
Wednesday, January 6
by Ryan M. Belmore
The latest headlines from What’s Up Newp
55 job opportunities available right now in the Newport area
For the very latest news and information, visit www.whatsupnewp.com.
A look at what’s happening In Newport County today
- Wednesday – Partly sunny, with a high near 40. North wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Wednesday Night – Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Northwest wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Wednesday – NNW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night – NNW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- The current water temperature in Newport is 45°F.
- Sunrise: 7:12 am | Sunset: 4:32 pm
- High tide at 12:56 am & 1:15 pm | Low tide at 6:26 am & 6:46 pm
- Moon: Last Quarter Moon, 22 days, 55% lighting
- 4 pm to 8 pm – Sparkling Lights at The Breakers
- 9:30 am – Newport County Regional Special Education Program
- 5 pm – Jamestown Library Board
- 6 pm – Newport City Council
- 6 pm – Little Compton School Committee
- 7 pm – Jamestown Planning Commission
- 7 pm – Little Compton Agricultural Conservancy Trust
- 7 pm –Tiverton Zoning Board of Review
- 7 pm – Portsmouth Melville Park Committee
- 7 pm – Tiverton Conservation Commission
- 7 pm – Portsmouth Harbor Commission
- Nothing scheduled, keep an eye on whatsupnewp.com for pop-up broadcasts.
We’ll See You Out There
Photo by @amanndaleigh_photography -“January sunsets”
Tag your photos with #WhatsUpNewp for a chance to be featured by us.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury