This obituary originally appeared on O’Neill Hayes Funeral Home.
Alicia passed away in Atlanta, GA on December 26, 2020. She is survived by her brother Jack Mason, sister Sheila Smith, son Charles (Chuck) Taylor (wife Kelli) and three granddaughters, Catherine, Lillian, and Abigail. She was born Alicia Maureen Mason in Newport, R.I. on September 7, 1943, daughter of Jack and Helena Mason. She attended the Clarke School in Northampton, MA. Alicia married Charles S. Taylor III of St. Simons Island, GA on December 28, 1968 in Newport R.I. They relocated to Tarpon Springs, FL but would later divorce. She spent over 30 years working for the Veterans Administration, several of those years at the Bay Pines Florida campus. She was a wonderful and devoted mother and grandmother and will be dearly missed by her family. There will be a memorial held this summer in Newport, RI.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits