Kayakers and dinghy owners take note: The Newport Harbormaster’s Office will be accepting applications for dinghy and kayak rack spaces at the King Park and Willow Street dinghy racks beginning Feb. 1st until Feb. 28th.
Spaces will be determined through a lottery system, with a drawing held on Friday, March 5, 2021 at 9 a.m., according to the city.
The City reminds all to “please note that in order to be eligible for the lottery, applicants must be at least 18 years old, and submit either a copy of their Newport voter registration card or driver’s license with Newport address along with their application”.
When rack spaces are filled, any remaining names will be placed on a waiting list according to the order drawn from the lottery. Winners will be notified via email within one week of the drawing with payment due no later than March 31, 2021. Unpaid stickers will be released to the next person on the waiting list until all available spaces are filled. Please note that the waiting list is only for applicants who submitted applications during the Feb. 1-28 lottery period and stickers will be mailed to winners upon receipt of payment.
Applications will be available online at www.CityofNewport.com/Harbormaster. Please limit one per person, and one per dinghy or kayak.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Harbormaster’s Office at (401) 845-5815.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now