Governor Gina Raimondo announced today during her weekly press briefing that the “pause” that Rhode Island has been under for the past three weeks will end on Sunday, December 20.
Governor Raimondo then said “we can’t go from pause to flipping a switch” and announced a post-pause phase beginning Monday, December 21st.
The Governor said all the new rules on restrictions that start on Monday can be found on www.reopeningri.com.
Rhode Island entered a two-week “pause” on November 30. Here is what the restrictions were/are from November 30 – December 20.
This story is developing and will be updated.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert