Due to potential rain, the City’s Holly Jolly Drive-Thru initially planned for Saturday at Easton’s Beach is being rescheduled to Sunday, Dec. 13th from 1 – 3 p.m, the City of Newport announced today.
The inaugural event, which is already sold out, encourages residents to load up the kids and head down to Easton’s Beach for a special COVID-safe holiday display.
Participants will remain in their vehicles as they drive through festive one-of-a-kind displays with a very special guest waiting at the end to say a quick, socially distant ho-ho-ho.
All participants must remain in the vehicle at all times and masks are required for all, the City writes in a press release.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- City to Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week