Pet Valu announced today that they will close all of their stores across the United States.
“It’s with heavy hearts that we must close all Pet Valu US stores,” Pet Valu said on Facebook today.
Pet Valu has 358 stores and warehouses across the United States, the company has reportedly coted COVID-19-related restrictions as a reason for the closures.
In Rhode Island, Pet Valu has locations in Middletown, Barrington, North Kingstown, East Greenwich, East Providence, Wakefield, Pawtucket, Cumberland, and Westerly.
All stores will have a going out of business sale, “Total Inventory Blowout begins tomorrow at every store with savings up to 20% off. To learn more about our Store Closing Sale, member information, gift cards and more, visit petvalu.com/us/,” the company announced.
Pet Value has stopped online sales on the company’s website. Stores will reportedly stay open until the wind-down is complete. No set closing dates for stores in Rhode Island or across the United States has been officially announced.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill