This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Antone “Tony” R. Santos, 96, of Middletown, RI, passed away on October 21, 2020.
Tony was born in Middletown, RI to the late Joseph and Maria (Bragga) Santos. Tony was husband to the late Evelyn T. Santos.
Tony was a lifelong resident of Middletown. He proudly served during WWII in the United States Army. After returning from the war, he was an automobile mechanic for 32 years at George L. Silvia Auto Sales.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck