As a resident of the “Fifth Ward” for nearly 40 years, I am writing in support of Paul Marshall’s candidacy for 3rd ward council seat.
After meeting Paul, it is clear to me that he has an all-inclusive view of government. His pledge to examine all proposals before the Council through the lens of equity and sustainability is evidence of that. He has been a strong supporter of the school bond, not just for political gain, but because he understands strong public schools means a strong community for all Newport residents. As the current Resiliency Liaison to the Planning Board, Paul is uniquely qualified to handle the challenges Newport faces as a beautiful – and vulnerable – coastal city. Paul’s vision and commitment will serve us well as we endeavor to build a year-round economy and develop the North End.
Most importantly, Paul is a young father who will take the long view of Newport’s future. This gives me hope. We need leaders who are committed to Newport’s year-round residents. Let’s give Paul a seat at the table. Please give him your support when you cast your vote!
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke