The Arts & Cultural Alliance of Newport County (ACA) today announced Jessica Slocum as the recipient of a 2020 Arts & Cultural Alliance Artist Award.
Slocum is producing a film about Russell Daly, a Newport-based artist who passed away in 2019. The film will honor and celebrate Daly and allow the audience, as Daly writes, “to see the multitude of ways one can define oneself as an artist.”
The award will provide support for those who will edit the film.
The Arts & Cultural Alliance Artist Awards champion exciting and interesting arts activities and events presented in and for our community. It is the only grant offered specifically for artists of any discipline in the six towns of Newport County. In addition to the $500 award, recipients are also featured in the ACA Splash Newsletter.
Visit the ACA’s newly updated website to see previous award recipients: https://newportarts.org/artists. To ensure that future Artist Awards can be offered, please consider donating to the Arts & Cultural Alliance of Newport County by visiting http://www.newportarts.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- The Reef officially opens with a fresh, new look; new menu; and a new director of culinary development
- Plant City X opening a location in Warwick
- Grey Sail Brewing announces summer line-up of food trucks, vendors, and musical guests
- 'Ocean View' on Bellevue Avenue hits the market for $18.85 million
- South Kingstown voters reject school bond