Ahead of the Statewide Primary on Tuesday, September 8th, and the General Election on Tuesday, November 3rd, What’s Up Newp is helping readers/voters get to know the candidates through candidate profiles and conversations with the candidates.
Today, we feature candidates for District 74 in the General Assembly. This district covers Jamestown and portions of Middletown
On September 8th, voters in District 74 will choose between Democratic candidates Deborah Ruggiero (Incumbent) and Henry “Rick” F. Lombardi Jr. The winner of the primary will not have a Republican or Independent challenger in the General Election on November 3rd.
In our live video conversations with the candidates, we chatted with candidates about their campaign and asked them to answer and address a set of questions — about COVID-19, climate change, the economy, race relations, and more.
This candidate has been invited to participate in a conversation with us, we’ll include the video below if the candidate takes us up on the opportunity.
Henry “Rick” Lombardi Jr.
Our live video conversation with the candidate
More from our election coverage
- What’s Up Newp’s 2020 Election Coverage
- What’s Up Newp’s Voter Guide: Newport City Council
- Support What’s Up Newp’s Election Coverage
Visit www.vote.sos.ri.gov to view/update your voter record, register to vote, find a polling place/view sample ballot, vote from home with a mail ballot.
More From What’s Up Newp
- United Way and Women United partner with the community for annual children’s book drive throughout May
- Passim School of Music to honor Bob Dylan ahead of his 80th birthday
- BJ’s Wholesale Club will host a hiring day on May 15, looking to fill 80 open positions across Rhode Island
- Charlestown Seafood Festival returns August 6 – 8
- Barrington home built by golfer Brad Faxon sells for more than $4.5 million