Mary Botelho, 87, of Portsmouth, RI, passed away on Sunday, September 27. Mary was born in Tiverton, RI to the late Manuel and Mary White. She was the wife of Manuel D. Botelho Jr.
Mary is survived by her husband Manuel D. Botelho Jr, her daughters Karen Botelho and Sharon Botelho, her sister Catherine Rancourt and her husband Paul, her brother Anthony White, and several nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents she was preceded in death by her brothers John and Manuel White.
Services will be private
Memorial donations can be made to Visiting Nurse Services https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/visitingnursehh
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits