The Community College of Rhode Island is hosting a virtual Rhode Island Promise enrollment event on Thursday, August 13 at 6 pm.
The Rhode Island Promise scholarship provides two years free tuition for Rhode Island graduating high school seniors enrolling at CCRI full-time this fall. During the virtual event, students and parents will meet with Admissions staff, get started on their application, and get information on everything they need to become a RI Promise Scholar for this Fall. Classes for the fall semester start August 31.
To sign up for the event, visit ccri.edu/ripromise.
CCRI is at the forefront of improving the ways community college students are prepared to advance their education and career prospects. Named America’s 2-Year College of the Year for 2019 by Education Dive, CCRI expects to have the highest three-year graduation rate of any community college in New England by 2021.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits