The Community College of Rhode Island is hosting a virtual Rhode Island Promise enrollment event on Thursday, August 13 at 6 pm.
The Rhode Island Promise scholarship provides two years free tuition for Rhode Island graduating high school seniors enrolling at CCRI full-time this fall. During the virtual event, students and parents will meet with Admissions staff, get started on their application, and get information on everything they need to become a RI Promise Scholar for this Fall. Classes for the fall semester start August 31.
To sign up for the event, visit ccri.edu/ripromise.
CCRI is at the forefront of improving the ways community college students are prepared to advance their education and career prospects. Named America’s 2-Year College of the Year for 2019 by Education Dive, CCRI expects to have the highest three-year graduation rate of any community college in New England by 2021.
More From What’s Up Newp
- United Way and Women United partner with the community for annual children’s book drive throughout May
- Passim School of Music to honor Bob Dylan ahead of his 80th birthday
- BJ’s Wholesale Club will host a hiring day on May 15, looking to fill 80 open positions across Rhode Island
- Charlestown Seafood Festival returns August 6 – 8
- Barrington home built by golfer Brad Faxon sells for more than $4.5 million