Heavy rains on Tuesday, July 14, damaged sections of Green End Avenue from the intersection with Aquidneck Avenue to Valley Road, and from Valley Road to the intersection with Miantonomi Avenue.
The Middletown Department of Public Works has closed the two sections of Green End Avenue to through traffic until Friday, July 17, in order to clean up the debris from the washed-out sections and to repair the pavement with asphalt.
Valley Road and Aquidneck Avenue remain open to traffic. Drivers are advised to seek alternate routes and to expect delays.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits