Today, Representative Terri-Denise Cortvriend announced she will be co-hosting a Virtual Screening of the Dark Waters and expert panel discussion. Dark Waters is a chilling tale of one lawyer’s fight for a community poisoned by PFAS chemicals.
Participants have five (5) days to watch the DARK WATERS film at home for free before the panel discussion on July 22 at 12 noon.
The expert panel discussion on July 22 will feature the following panelists: Terry Gray, Deputy Director for Environmental Protection at RI DEM; Dr. Angela Slitt, URI College of Pharmacy Professor; Dr. Greg Howard, Research Scientist
This public event is co-hosted by Rep. Terri Cortvriend, Rep. June Speakman, Clean Water Action and the Conservation Law Foundation.
Get your free tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rhode-islands-dark-waters-virtual-screening-expert-panel-tickets-111863282088?aff=CWAlink&fbclid=IwAR37Gbn5ITQjtVRIAQm6TvirvXjUunVzTeC2F5McIxfbNuMWmQSzmm9X-Ug
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits