UPDATE: Out of an abundance of caution and with new guidelines provided by RIDOH and the Governor in mind, What’s Up Newp, Midtown Oyster Bar, AOH Pipes & Drums, and the AOH Men’s Singers have canceled their annual Parade Day Eve Celebration at Surf Club and Midtown Oyster Bar. We look forward to seeing you next year!
This year we are “dublin'” the fun (and room for people to enjoy) and will have the Newport RI Ancient Order of Hibernian’s Pipes and Drums and AOH Men’s Singers perform at Midtown Oyster and next door at Surf Club.
Stop by for some great food, live music from Newport RI Ancient Order of Hibernian’s Pipes and Drums, AOH Men’s Singers, and more (to be announced).
Tentative Schedule Of Events:
~ Between 5 pm – 8 pm, AOH Pipes & Drums and Men’s Singers will visit each restaurant for a performance (schedule to be announced).
~ 8 pm to 12:30 am – Live music with Sean Rivers Music (Midtown Oyster Bar).
~ 8 pm to 12:30 am – Live music with Justin Pomfret (Surf Club).
~ More details to be announced.
No cover. First-come-first served. Family friendly.
If you’d like to get involved as a sponsor, musician or organization; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-662-1653.
Facebook Event – What’s Up Newp’s 5th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits