Newport City Council met for nearly three hours on Wednesday night.
While the application to approve the submittal of the Rhode Island Dept of Education Stage II application to build a new high school and construct an addition at Pell Elementary School was among one of the biggest (and longest) discussions, there certainly was other items of importance that the City took up.
What’s Up Newp was the only member of the media present for the entire three hour meeting last night and is following up and getting more information on many of the topics that were discussed last night.
In the meantime, your welcome to watch the meeting in it’s entirety video below (provided by the City of Newport);
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays