What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
After some confusion and rescheduling last year surrounding the Fourth of July Fireworks Display, the City of Newport and City Council has moved forward to make sure that the City’s Fourth of July Fireworks do in fact fall on July 4th going forward.
City Council voted this evening to award a contract for a multi-year July 4th fireworks display to Pyrotecnico Fireworks, Inc., for a 20 minute (minimum) display, to be held on Saturday, July 4,2020 at approximately 9:15 pm at Fort Adams State Park with a rain date of Sunday, July 5, 2020. The final award amount will be determined by the level of donations received ($30,000 / $35,000 / $40,000).
The performance based contract is renewable for each of the three years at the discretion of the City.
At the sole discretion of the city, Pyrotecnico would also provide fireworks on July 4th, 2021 (rain date of July 5, 2021) and on July 4th, 2022 (rain date of July 5th, 2022) at the same award amount.
Pyrotecnico was chosen from three submitted bids as the highest scoring bidder on all three price points, according to a memo from the City Manager. The company has provided July 4th fireworks displays for the City numerous times in the past.
City Council also approved a fireworks display this evening for May 29th, 2020 from 9 pm to 9:12 pm. Those will be shot off from a barge off of Castle Hill.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday
- DEM hosting virtual workshop on draft water quality restoration study for Newport water supply reservoirs
- 32 Open Houses to check out this weekend in Newport County (June 11 – 13)
- Newport leaders to pay respects for former sister-city Mayor
- Governor McKee, RIDOH provide COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- Top 10 ‘must-see and do’ events and attractions in Boston this summer