Local and Independent. Engaged Readers. Cost-Effective Advertising
Our team believes that great local advertising helps to supplement great local content. Our aim is to partner with companies to create great local advertising that readers actually want to see and engage with.
We work with our advertisers to craft campaigns that are effective at reaching a large, local audience.
Our local advertising philosophy:
- Relevance: Communicate a value proposition that is genuinely of interest to your target audience readers.
- Authenticity: Emphasize your local connection and communicate on a personal, native level.
- Actionability: Give highly-engaged viewers a way to purchase, sign up or learn more.
- Brevity: Readers value their time, so we help you keep it concise.
We offer partnerships, display advertising, sponsored content, and more. Check out our information below, or drop us a line if you think you’d be a perfect fit for one of our sites.
Founded in 2012, What’sUpNewp is Newport, Rhode Island’s most-read local news and lifestyle publication.
What’sUpNewp was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 by Rhode Island Monthly readers as Rhode Island’s best local news website. What’sUpNewp is a member of Local Independent Online News Publishers (LION) and Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE). What’sUpNewp has been the recipient of multiple grants, including one in 2018 to report on Affordable Housing.
Boasting a highly-engaged audience of about 90,000 monthly users, What’sUpNewp is produced in Newport, for those who live in, and for those who travel to and love Newport and Newport County.
Our advertisers are passionate about Newport and enhancing the local community. If you think you’re a good fit for our site, let us know.
Audience & Demographics
The typical What’s Up Newp reader is an affluent young professional between the age of 25-44, per Google Analytics.
But we also reach a wide range of locals, including military families, local government leaders and long-time Newport residents.
- Ages: 18-24: 27.5%, 25-34: 33.5%, 35-44: 15.5%, 45-54: 12.5%, 55-64: 5.5%, 65+: 5.5%
- Gender: Male: 54% | Female: 46%
- Top 5 Cities (WUN) – Newport, Middletown, Providence, New York, Boston
What’sUpNewp Offers An Unparalleled Reach
- 255,500+ Pageviews Per Month (Avg. monthly page views in 2020)
- 95,600+ Users Per Month (Avg. monthly users in 2020)
- 78,000+ Social Media Followers
- 23,000+ Newsletter Subscribers
Our goal is to partner with companies to create great local advertising that readers actually want to see and engage with.
Ready to get started? Contact us today to get the conversation started about how we can help!
Email Ryan@whatsupnewp.com or call 401-662-1653. In most cases, campaigns can get started within just a few hours (if needed).