What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Ann Marie (Markowski) Leavitt passed away peacefully at home on February 17, 2020, surrounded by her loving family after a nearly six year courageous and valiant battle with pancreatic cancer.
Ann was born on October 30, 1946 to Henry and Florence Markowski of Enfield, CT. Her entire life was devoted to homemaking and caring for her family. She enjoyed long walks, camping, dining out, shopping, cooking, baking, sewing, knitting, hanging out with her granddaughters, watching The Young and the Restless with her husband and caring for and spoiling her cat, Sidney. One of her greatest joys was hosting large dinner parties for her family and friends. She was a dedicated wife, mother, grandmother and friend.
Ann is survived by her husband of 51 years, Jim Leavitt, her daughter, Amy Morton of East Providence, RI, her son, Jim Leavitt and his wife Francesca of New Bedford, MA, her brother Paul Markowski and his wife Suzanne of Ellington, CT, her brother Henry Markowski and his wife, Charlene, of Enfield, CT and her sister, Eileen Markowski of Enfield, CT. She is also survived by her 5 beloved granddaughters: Marissa, Jaylee and Sayge Leavitt and Katelyn and Jillian Morton.
Calling hours will be held on Thursday, February 20, 2020, from 4:00-8:00 PM at the Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport.
Funeral services will continue Friday, February 21, 2020, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 AM in St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 12 Williams Street, Newport. Burial will follow at East Cemetery, Manchester, CT.
In Lieu of flowers, the family requests donations made in Ann’s memory to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network or the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday
- DEM hosting virtual workshop on draft water quality restoration study for Newport water supply reservoirs
- 32 Open Houses to check out this weekend in Newport County (June 11 – 13)
- Newport leaders to pay respects for former sister-city Mayor
- Governor McKee, RIDOH provide COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- Top 10 ‘must-see and do’ events and attractions in Boston this summer