Source: Newport County Youth Chorus
The Newport County Youth Chorus is welcoming singers in grades 2 through 4 to join our next six-week program called “Music From Around the World”. It is free to participate and no audition is necessary — just a love of singing! Classes begin the week of March 2. Sign up at www.newportsings.org/join.
Session 4 “Music From Around the World” will feature music from Japan, the Dominican Republic, Israel and Africa. Singers will learn to sing in different languages and also in multiple parts to create harmony. In addition, participants will develop musical skills and experience how their unique voice positively affects our ensemble’s beautiful sound. All classes are led by artistic director and founder, Elizabeth Woodhouse, who has more than fifteen years of experience working with young voices. The session will culminate in a special performance at the Sidewalk Parade celebration in April.
Families of 2nd – 4th graders can choose the day and location that works best for them: Tuesdays, from 3:30 – 4:30 pm at the MLK Center (20 Dr. Marcus Wheatland Blvd, Newport) or Wednesdays from 5:00 – 6:00 pm at St. Mary’s Church (324 E Main Rd, Portsmouth). Visit the website www.newportsings.org/season for 2019 – 2020 session dates, themes and to register.
All are welcome! If you or someone you know would like to join the group, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up at www.newportsings.org/join. For more information about the chorus, please visit www.newportsings.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free