This obituary originally appeared on O’Neill Hayes Funeral Home.
Brenda M. (Collins) Finn of Newport, RI wife of the late John F. Finn passed away Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at the age of 77.
She leaves behind a daughter, Tara Barlow and granddaughter Anastasia Barlow of Newport, a sister, Elizabeth A. Nelson of Middletown, RI along with several nieces and nephews.
Born in Newport, RI on March 20, 1942 to the late James A. and Elizabeth (Wetherell) Collins. A 1963 graduate of Salve Regina College, she worked as a librarian at the Naval War College, the Redwood Library & Athenaeum and Newport Public Libraries.
Brenda was a member of Gooseberry Beach, the Newport Art Museum and Redwood Library & Athenaeum. Brenda was predeceased by her brother, James A. Collins Jr.
The family wishes to thank the staffs of the Village House, Newport Hospital and Hope Hospice.
At Brenda’s request, services are respectfully omitted. Donations in Brenda’s memory may be made to the Village House Nursing Center, 70 Harrison Ave, Newport, RI 02840 and Hope Hospice & Palliative Care, 1085 N. Main St, Providence, RI 02904.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals