The Shops at Music Box has closed the toy store that they operated adjacent to their stores on Thames Street.
“We have chosen not to renew our lease on the property where the Music Box toy store was located,” Jay Lasky of Helly Hansen, Life Is Good, and Music Box, told What’s Up Newp on Wednesday.
The store, which also was once located in Long Wharf Mall, was popular for toys, candy, and more.
“As the retail world changes, and online challenges present themselves, financial decisions need to be made to stay profitable. With the extremely high cost of doing business in Newport , and Rhode Island, the tough decision was made to close that business entity”, Lasky said.
Both Life is Good and Helly Hansen continue to operate as normal, and are open for business 7 days a week, according to Lasky.
Future plans for 164 Thames Street are not public at this time.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup