The Shops at Music Box has closed the toy store that they operated adjacent to their stores on Thames Street.
“We have chosen not to renew our lease on the property where the Music Box toy store was located,” Jay Lasky of Helly Hansen, Life Is Good, and Music Box, told What’s Up Newp on Wednesday.
The store, which also was once located in Long Wharf Mall, was popular for toys, candy, and more.
“As the retail world changes, and online challenges present themselves, financial decisions need to be made to stay profitable. With the extremely high cost of doing business in Newport , and Rhode Island, the tough decision was made to close that business entity”, Lasky said.
Both Life is Good and Helly Hansen continue to operate as normal, and are open for business 7 days a week, according to Lasky.
Future plans for 164 Thames Street are not public at this time.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals