This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Carol Gaudet, 74, of Middletown, Rhode Island, passed away on December 24, 2019, at Newport Hospital with her family by her side.
Carol was born September 7, 1945, in Newport, RI to Albert Byron and Anastasia (Miller) Byron.
Carol was a loving mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She loved knitting, crocheting, and loved arts and crafts. She often made bracelets for various fundraising events for various people.
Carol is survived by her children; Lisa Haskins, Richard Gaudet, Michael Gaudet, Albert Gaudet, Christopher Gaudet. She is also survived by her grandchildren; Cindy Haskins, Nicholas Gaudet, Brianna Mathews, Nikki Mathews, Kevin Mathews, Olivia and Chase Gaudet and eleven great grandchildren. She is also survived by her siblings; Walter Byron and his wife Jane, Stephen Byron and his wife Carol, Sandra Desantis and Lawrence Byron and his wife Vickie.
She was preceded in death by her daughter, Denise Matthews, and her siblings, Albert, Dave and Robert Byron.
Calling hours will be held on Thursday, January 2, 2020, from 4-7 pm at Memorial Funeral Home 375 Broadway in Newport.
Her funeral will be held on Friday, January 3, 2020, at 10:00 am at St. Mary’s Church 12 Williams Street in Newport.
Burial will be at Newport Memorial Park 123 Howland Avenue in Middletown.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21