The Newport Pell Bridge’s 50th Anniversary celebration isn’t over just yet.
On December 4 at 7 pm, join Rhode Island PBS will pay tribute to the iconic bridge with the premiere of THE NEWPORT BRIDGE: A RHODE ISLAND ICON.
“This Rhode Island PBS original proudly chronicles the celebration of this historic event and puts it in historical context through archival footage, vintage photos, and interviews with the dreamers and the builders of this iconic landmark, Rhode Island PBS writes on their Facebook page.
The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority has been celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Newport Pell Bridge all year long. On June 28th, RITBA and dignitaries gathered to celebrate the bridge’s anniversary of opening to traffic, that happened on that day exactly fifty years ago (June 28th 1969).
Trailer for the new Rhode Island PBS Original, “The Newport Bridge: A Rhode Island Icon,”
For more info on PBS and/or to watch it live online when it premiere’s, visit http://www.ripbs.org/home/
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf