To help residents understand some of educational benefits to students and the cost benefits to taxpayers of a unified high school, Newport This Week will be hosting the second of their island-wide forums on Wednesday, November 6th from 6:30 pm to 8 pm at the CCRI Newport Auditorium.
The forum will be moderated by Representative Lauren Carson (D. Dist. 75, Newport). Panelists will include;
- Adam Flynn-Tabloff | Director/Superintendent |Wm. M. Davies Jr. Career-Technical High School
- Susan Votto | Supervisor of Career & Technical Education | Wm. M. Davies Jr. Career-Technical High School
- Craig MacKenzie | Principal | Chariho High School
- Scott Domenici | Building Committee Member | Attleboro, Mass. Public High Schools
The topic of unifying Newport and Middletown’s high schools was first explored in 2009 and again in 2014 when voters were asked whether they supported exploring the idea. Newport voted in favor, 65.2 to 34.8 percent, while Middletown rejected it, 54.4 percent to 45.6 percent.
Residents, parents, taxpayers, and students from Portsmouth, Middletown, and Newprot are all invited to attend.
Send questions, concerns or comments you would like addressed to email@example.com
The first forum, “The Future of Our Island High Schools,” can be watched here.
More From What’s Up Newp
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Minnie Parker
- What's Up at The Wayfinder and Nomi Park: Rhode Race activities, poolside yoga, eats, cocktails, and more