To help residents understand some of educational benefits to students and the cost benefits to taxpayers of a unified high school, Newport This Week held a public forum on Monday night to help educate the public on a future model.
The first forum, “The Future of Our Island High Schools,” was moderated by Neil Steinberg, President and CEO of the RI Foundation at the CCRI Newport Auditorium.
Panelists included Christine Johnson, Asst. Dir. of the Mass. Assoc. of Regional Schools (MARS); Christine Lopes-Metcalfe, Chief Exec. Officer, School Building Authority (RIDE); Tim Duffy Exec. Dir. of RI Assoc. of School Committees; Rep. Marvin Abney, Chairman House Committee on Finance; and Sen. Lou DiPalma, Member, Senate Committee on Education
A second forum is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 6, from 6:30 -8 p.m. at CCRI Auditorium.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour