To help residents understand some of educational benefits to students and the cost benefits to taxpayers of a unified high school, Newport This Week held a public forum on Monday night to help educate the public on a future model.
The first forum, “The Future of Our Island High Schools,” was moderated by Neil Steinberg, President and CEO of the RI Foundation at the CCRI Newport Auditorium.
Panelists included Christine Johnson, Asst. Dir. of the Mass. Assoc. of Regional Schools (MARS); Christine Lopes-Metcalfe, Chief Exec. Officer, School Building Authority (RIDE); Tim Duffy Exec. Dir. of RI Assoc. of School Committees; Rep. Marvin Abney, Chairman House Committee on Finance; and Sen. Lou DiPalma, Member, Senate Committee on Education
A second forum is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 6, from 6:30 -8 p.m. at CCRI Auditorium.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup