This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home. It has been republished with permission, for free, and ad free as a community service.
Elena L. (Monge) Youngblood, 82, of Portsmouth, passed away on November 10, 2019, at her home in Portsmouth. She was born on March 5, 1937, in Tacloban, Leyte, Phillipines, to the late Eusebi Monge and the late Ambresia (Alves) Monge. She was the wife of the late Bennie Lee Youngblood.
Elena worked as a housekeeper on the Newport Naval Base for many years. She was a communicant of St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in Portsmouth. In her spare time, she enjoyed going out to eat with friends and also going to get an ice cream cone. She also liked to watch the sports on the television.
A visiting hour will be held on Saturday, November 16, 2019, from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM, at the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, followed by her Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 AM, in the St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, 2837 East Main Road, Portsmouth. Her burial will follow at the Newport Memorial Park in Middletown.
To send flowers to Elena’s family, please visit our floral section.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- Now Hiring: 130+ businesses hiring right now in the Newport area