Residents of all Newport County communities (Jamestown, Little Compton, Middletown, Newport, Portsmouth and Tiverton) as well as Naval Station Newport personnel are invited to enjoy free admission to the Newport Mansions this weekend, Nov. 23-24.
The Breakers, The Elms and Marble House will be open for tours and decorated for Christmas at the Newport Mansions, which begins Nov. 23 and continues through Jan. 1.
On Sunday, Nov. 24, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., guests at The Breakers can have their photo taken by a professional photographer on the main staircase with Alice Vanderbilt’s portrait in the background – a unique commemoration of their visit.
Limited-admission tours, including the Servant Life Tour at The Elms and Beneath The Breakers, are included on a space-available basis. Check the operating schedule at NewportMansions.org for hours of operation and tour schedule for each house.
Four times per year, The Preservation Society of Newport County opens the mansions to local residents for free as part of the Newport County Days program. Residents must present a valid driver’s license or other identification with an address.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free