Lila Delman Real Estate today announced the sales of 27 Kay Street & 0 Kay Street in Newport for a combined $2,395,000. Lila Delman Sales Associates Alex Thursby and George Tollefson represented the seller, according to Lila Delman Real Estate
“Where some see challenges with historically significant homes, we see wonderful opportunities to uniquely market and present these special properties to a custom tailored audience,” commented Alex Thursby in a statement. “We were thrilled to have successfully showcased the exact level of care and attention required to move a significant home like 27 Kay.”
“The adjacent lot presented a very attractive bundled offering, given the limited land supply in the Kay-Catherine area of Newport”, added George Tollefson in a statement. “Highlighting the opportunity this lot represented proved beneficial for all parties involved.”
Offered for the first time in 25 years, ‘Old Acre’ is an early Victorian bracketed home built in 1855 by Abraham Peckham as a summer retreat for a southern planter. Lavish, open interior spaces rich with historic architectural detail provide ample natural light and calming views of the lawn and gardens. Sited on 0.34 acres and measuring 4,775 square feet, the home features five bedrooms and three and one half bathrooms. The adjacent buildable lot represents an additional 0.23 in acreage, all within an easy stroll to downtown Newport.
*This representation is based on information from the Rhode Island State Wide MLS for the period of January 1, 2019 – November 18, 2019. The MLS does not guarantee and is not in any way responsible for its accuracy. Data maintained by the MLS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals