The City of Newport Recreation Department, along with the Boys and Girls Club of Newport County, are offering youth basketball programs for children ages Kindergarten through 8th grade. Those interested are encouraged to sign up today as the registration deadline is ending on Friday, November 22.
The In-House basketball league, for boys and girls, grade 3-8, will be held twice a week (mid-week practice and game on Saturday) beginning the mid-December.
Their youth basketball clinics, for Grades Kindergarten through 2nd grade, meet once a week on Fridays beginning in January.
For more information and to register online, please visit: www.cityofnewport.com/basketball
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits