It’s really beginning to look a lot like Christmas down on Bowen’s Wharf.
Bowen’s Wharf is just a few short weeks away from hosting their 49th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting and festivities.
The free and family-friendly fun begins at noon on Saturday, December 7th, and new this year Bowen’s Wharf has added a Christmas Village!
“We invite you to bring the whole family to enjoy Celtic Christmas music, face painting, hot popcorn, cookies, hot chocolate and donuts to sweeten the day,” Trixie Wadson, COO & Communications Director of Bowen’s Wharf wrote to What’s Up Newp.
In the new Christmas Village, Holiday films will be screened for children and the Redwood Library & Athenaeum will join Bowen’s Wharf in entertaining young and and the young-at-heart alike.
“While you’re here, be sure to check off that holiday gift list at our boutiques. Enjoy a nibble or seasonal beverage or grab that gift certificate for your stocking stuffers,” Wadson writes.
Bowen’s Wharf Pilot House will be offering 20% OFF coasters, magnets & wine charms, Fine Art Wood Block Prints .
The Bowen’s Wharf Christmas Tree Lighting coincides with the 3rd Annual Newport Holiday Stroll, which is scheduled for December 6 – 8, 2019.
Also new this year, the Tall Ship Oliver Hazard Perry will be at the dock available for visits and a community lighting celebration on-board.
“Join us for a magical day of charm, fun, and good cheer”, writes Wadson.
The Christmas Carol Sing-a-long begins at 5 pm, Mayor Bova will light the tree at 6 pm, immediately followed by Santa and Mrs. Claus arriving by boat.
Schedule Of Events
Date: Saturday, December 7th, 2019
12:00 pm – Musical Friends, Face Painting & Popcorn
4:30 pm – Frosty the Snowman
5:00 pm – Christmas Carol Sing-A-Long
6:00 pm – Tree Lighting & Santa & Mrs. Claus arrive by boat (weather permitting)
For more info, visit www.bowenswharf.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits