As part of the 50th Anniversary Celebrations for the Newport Pell Bridge, The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA) again announced today that it is partnering with Audrain’s Newport Concours & Motor Week for The Tour d’Elegance.
The Tour d’Elegance is a scenic drive for all of the cars participating in Audrain’s Newport Concours d’Elegance which begins with a drive over the Newport Pell Bridge.
The tour begins Saturday morning on the west end of the Newport Bridge in Jamestown and will wind through downtown Newport followed by a scenic drive along Ocean Drive. The tour will end on Bellevue Avenue with all cars parking together on the closed street for the public to view and interact with drivers and owners.
RITBA would like to inform motorists travelling over the Newport Pell Bridge on Saturday morning, October 5th to prepare for minor delays both eastbound and westbound around 8 a.m. for approximately 10 minutes.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author