The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA) will be participating in the first-ever celebration, Harbor Lights Newport, this weekend.
Harbor Lights Newport is a new event presented by Discover Newport and the Newport Maritime Alliance. On September 20-21 from dusk until 10 p.m., boat owners, marinas and waterfront businesses will illuminate their vessels, docks, yacht clubs, shops and restaurants with festive lights to illuminate the Newport Harbor.
To join in the celebration, RITBA will illuminate the bridge with red, white and blue necklace lights as done most recently for the Fourth of July. “This is going to be a fantastic event, and we’re happy we can participate along with other community members in this first time celebration” stated Buddy Croft, Executive Director at The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority.
For more on Harbor Lights Newport, visit https://www.discovernewport.org/blog/post/harbor-lights-newport/
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour