Mobile sports betting is now legal, and live, in Rhode Island.
The Department of Revenue announced today that the mobile application for Sportsbook Rhode Island entered its next phase today with a soft launch allowing bettors to create their accounts and to place bets through mobile devices.
The full mobile service went live at Twin River Casino in Lincoln beginning around 3 pm on Wednesday.
Those interested in using the application need to visit Twin River Casino in Lincoln only once to activate their mobile accounts. From then on, bettors are free to place sports wagers from anywhere within the state lines.
Customers will be able to activate their accounts at the Tiverton Casino Hotel in Tiverton in the near future, according to the release.
The phased launch will allow for the Sportsbook technology team to monitor and refine system performance prior to the start of an advertising campaign promoting the mobile service sought by sports fans.
For more information about the application and guidance on how to set up your account, visit www.sportsbetri.com.
The mobile application expands on the sports betting operation that commenced November 26, 2018 at Twin River Casino in Lincoln, followed by sports betting getting underway at Tiverton Casino Hotel on December 3, 2018.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf