For the first time, The Heather Abbott Foundation will host its Fall Kick Off Fundraiser in Rhode Island!
The Heather Abbott Foundation’s 5th Annual Fall Kick Off Fundraiser will take place at @ The Deck in Newport on Saturday, October 5th from 1- 5 pm.
The event’s Emcee is WJAR News Channel 10’s Brian Crandall and the speaking program will include a special video message from Governor Gina Raimondo. Special guest and HAF water prosthesis beneficiary, James McClelland of Hampton, NH will speak about how his new prosthesis has allowed him to once again enjoy sports on the water following the amputation of his right leg, below the knee. A Step Ahead Prosthetics of Burlington, MA will provide a prosthetics display staffed with experts for Q&A.
This event will also feature, delicious bites, live music by Sean Rivers and a silent auction. In attendance will be local HAF beneficiaries, Boston Marathon bombing survivors and friends and supporters of HAF.
Funds raised will assist in continuing HAF’s mission to help provide prostheses to limb loss victims of traumatic circumstances. The event’s fundraising will also support other HAF programs designed to enhance the lives of amputees, including Krystle’s Kids’ Fund, established in 2018 by friends of Krystle, who was killed in the Boston Marathon bombing of 2013. Beneficiaries of this fund are children in the New England area with limb differences, who receive scholarships to attend special camps designed for them, like Camp No Limits.
For more information or to purchase tickets visit https://haf2019fallkickoff.eventbrite.com
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour