Busking @ Bowen’s Fall Series will once again present free live music this in the heart of downtown Newport with support from Bank Newport and Bowen’s Wharf Company & Merchants Association.
The series is an autumnal welcome to off-season visitors as well as entertainment for locals during the quieter fall season. Established and emerging musicians are featured near the main anchor at Bowen’s Wharf, Newport and are designed to get people out of cars and offices to stroll around the waterfront.
“We love to welcome lunch-time visits to the waterfront in the autmun. Cruise ship guests especially enjoy historic Bowen’s Wharf where they can enjoy local live music, waterfront dining, tours, local shopping, and the beautiful crisp sea air. We’re thankful that BankNewport supports local music as part of their 200th Anniversary Celebrations,” shares Bowen’s Wharf Marketing Director, Trixie Wadson in a prepared statement.
Performances will be held from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM on a variety of dates ranging from September 19 and October 31. The series comprises the Bowen’s Wharf Columbus Day Sidewalk Sales as well as the 29thAnnual Bowen’s Seafood Festival which features six live bands on October 19 and 20. Seafood Festival Sponsors include Captain Morgan Rum, Tanqueray Gin, Moet & Chandon, Whalers, Belvedere Vodka, Ketel One, Ardbeg Whisky & Cloudy Bay Vineyards.
Founded in the 1740s, Bowen’s Wharf is the anchor of the Newport waterfront. Brick walks, granite quays, and 18th century commercial wharf buildings bring you back to Newport’s earliest beginnings as a thriving seaport in one of the finest natural harbors in New England.
FREE Admission to Bowen’s Wharf for both Busking @ Bowen’s and to Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival. Family & pet-friendly.
Schedule of performances;
- Thursday 9/19/2019 • Mel Hawkins, Guitar & Vocals
- Monday 9/23/2019 • Lois Vaughn, Jazz Piano
- Thursday 9/26/2019 • Chris Vaillancourt, Guitar & Vocals
- Friday 9/27/2019 • Daniel J. Pelletier, Marimba
- Monday 9/30/2019 • Daniel J. Pelletier, Marimba
- Thursday 10/3/2019 • John Gilleese, Guitar & Vocals
- Friday 10/4/2019 • Aaron Cote – Panoramic View, Steel Drums
- Monday 10/7/2019 • Lois Vaughn, Jazz Piano
- Thursday 10/10/201 • Julio Amaro, Guitar & Vocals
- Friday 10/11/2019 • Aaron Cote – Panoramic View, Steel Drums
- Monday 10/14/2019 (Columbus Sidewalk Sale) • Lois Vaughn, Jazz Piano
- Thursday 10/17/2019 • Chris Vaillancourt
- Saturday 10/19/2019 • (Cee Cee & the Riders, The Teledynes, CBD)
- Sunday 10/20/2019 • (The 40, The Z Boys, The Copacetics & The 40)
- Monday 10/21/2019 • Mary Pierce, Celtic Songs
- Thursday 10/24/2019 • Julio Amaro, Guitar & Vocals
- Friday 10/25/2019 • Aaron Cote – Panoramic View, Steel Drums
- Saturday 10/26/2019 (YOUTH SHOWCASE) • Ailill Smith, Violin – Joe Greene & Friends, Piano – Skylar Batz, Singer/Songwriter
- Monday 10/28/2019 • Mary Pierce Celtic Songs
- Thursday 10/31/2019 • Mel Hawkins, Guitar & Vocals
Visit www.bowenshwharf.com for more info.