What’s Up Newp is free to read, and always will be, but we need your support to keep it that way.
What’sUpNewp is looking for an enterprising, aggressive reporter to join our growing team.
The Local Government Reporter will cover what’s happening in government and politics across Aquidneck Island- meetings, zoning, planning, and more. This reporter will also be expected to cover breaking news in those topics, write daily stories, and to cover local stories across all of our platforms (website, social media, etc).
- Solid news judgment, creative story ideas, a collaborative spirit and an aggressive approach.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must be able to juggle several stories at once.
- Must possess a fluency in social media and digital story forms.
This reporter should be:
- Able to look beyond the agenda of a meeting and find the story that’s relevant to What’sUpNewp readers and residents of Aquidneck Island.
- Skilled at writing tightly and brightly for a wide readership.
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly cover breaking news.
The Local Government Reporter will work a flexible part-time schedule and will be remote. The ability to attend city and town meetings at night is a must.
What’sUpNewp is an an equal opportunity employer.
Those interested in this position should email Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.