What’sUpNewp is looking for an enterprising, aggressive reporter to join our growing team.
The Local Government Reporter will cover what’s happening in government and politics across Aquidneck Island- meetings, zoning, planning, and more. This reporter will also be expected to cover breaking news in those topics, write daily stories, and to cover local stories across all of our platforms (website, social media, etc).
- Solid news judgment, creative story ideas, a collaborative spirit and an aggressive approach.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must be able to juggle several stories at once.
- Must possess a fluency in social media and digital story forms.
This reporter should be:
- Able to look beyond the agenda of a meeting and find the story that’s relevant to What’sUpNewp readers and residents of Aquidneck Island.
- Skilled at writing tightly and brightly for a wide readership.
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly cover breaking news.
The Local Government Reporter will work a flexible part-time schedule and will be remote. The ability to attend city and town meetings at night is a must.
What’sUpNewp is an an equal opportunity employer.
Those interested in this position should email Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals